How To Cure Acne Naturally
There have been many times I have seen people marred with the debilitating skin disorder known as acne and perhaps because it reminds me of how my own face used to be, I can’t help but be thankful that I no longer suffer from the disease.
Not that I am insensitive to their pain, but knowing what I went through even mentally and emotionally, I sure am glad the pimples are gone.
However, it is my hope that in an attempt to reach out to such patients, in writing this article, maybe they could be led down the path of finding a cure for themselves and with natural, in-expensive and common sense methods.
Now friends, to know how acne can be cured, you’ve got to know what causes acne.
It’s perhaps the same thing that causes 90% of human ailments, the improper foods that we eat!
Why is that so?
Well, most of what we eat leads to constipation and eventually a myriad of human ailments, including acne.
That considered, it is safe to say to figure out how acne can be cured, the first step is a change in dietetic habits-plain and simple.
So, as I had to do several years ago, I hereby advise each and all acne patients to eliminate mucus forming and constipating foods from their diets, including but not limited to
1. Junk Foods.
2. Processed Foods.
3. Animal Dander
4. Most Grains (whole or not) (Brown rice, millet, quinoa, amaranth might be some compromising exceptions if grains have to be consumed.)
Once these are done away with, the next step would be to replace these with alkaline, and body healing foods (known for their healing and nourishing properties) which include your fruits, leafy and some root vegetables.
Needless to say, not only will this simple change in diet make for a clearer and smoother skin, it will also give the added benefit of improved health and overall wellness.
Another really important that I must add is BY ALL MEANS AVOID THE MICROWAVE.
This will be the topic of another article friends, but trust me; I will not intentionally give you misleading information regarding your health.
In addition, to placate your curiosity, you can always Google the health hazards of Microwaves to see for yourself how much hard this convenience device may be doing to your body, which of course is reflected on the exterior by the appearance and state of your skin’s health.
Now, back to this article, to make the afore-mentioned dietetic changes even more effective for curing acne, you could go as far as to try a simple fast for a few days on fresh fruit juices, or try the simpler yet more-or-less effective method of trying a restricted diet of a mono-meal of fruits.
This fast/restricted diet of fruits should precede any dietetic change for the better and can be applied in this order.
1. A week of fruits then a juice fast for 2-3 days then another week of fruits.
2. Go straight into a 2-3 day fast, then re-attune the visceral organs to solid food with 2-3 days of raw, seasonal and if possible organic fruits. (Co-ops, farmers markets will come in handy to save money when buying organic, and of course the use of a specified Fruit and Vegetable Wash is indispensable. Moreover, if you just cannot go organic for some fruits, at least try to make sure they are not on the Dirty Dozen list of the most pesticide-contaminated fruits and vegetables which include apples, pears, most imported fruits and berries, root and fruit vegetables. (For more information, you can try a Google search on that as well.)
Friends, I also recommend that contrary to the popular belief handed down from generations to generations, do see to it that you skip breakfast and for this simple reason:
This format adheres to a scientifically proven principle that the human body goes through a cleansing process from twelve midnight until twelve noon, and a building program from twelve noon to twelve midnight, therefore your meals during these respective periods should be harmonious with the natural processes.
As a substitute for breakfast and even as a great daily cleansing practice, you could simply squeeze 2 lemons into 2 quarts of room-temperature water and drink that.
Then, starting at 11:30 earliest, you could then eat your fruits of choice.
Furthermore, other steps that I recommend you add to this dietetic approach on controlling acne are:
1. Changing your pillowcases.
2. Applying NOTHING but plain cool water and Witch Hazel to the face (cool that is) for rinsing. (after showering, and do ensure the upper body is well covered so as not to chill the exposed chest.)
3. When taking a shower, please ensure to
a. Use a shower-filter.
b. Use Fragrance-Free, Hypo-Allergenic Shampoos and Facial Bar Soaps (Personally I use Burt’s Bees and Neutrogena Respectively, I’m still in search for a more natural face wash but, hey…)
c. Not have the water running directly on your face, for some reason it tends to aggravate breakouts even more. Perhaps because it dries out the skin and in the process of the organ trying to re-lubricate it self, maybe acne tends to be aggravated.
4. Avoiding excessive make-up
5. For males, shaving (mostly downward) in the direction of the beard’s growth
So there you have it, the fundamental steps that I took to control my acne that you too can implement to getting the clearer skin you’ve always wanted…without spending excessive money and time on so-called acne cures.
I sincerely wish you the best in overcoming your acne trouble my friend.
# # #
Foras Aje is an independent researcher and author of Fitness: Inside and out, a book on improving physical and mental health naturally.
SO GET YOUR COPY OF FITNESS: INSIDE AND OUT TODAY by scrolling down below to the Purchase Icon