Now that we’ve gone over the reasons why proper food combining is important and the groups of foods, let’s go over the principles of mixing these items properly.
Food combining: Rules to follow
To avoid fermentation in the intestines, indigestion, water retention and toxicity, do apply these simple techniques in eating for health
1. Eat sweet fruits with other varieties of sweet fruits only.
They may combine with sub-acid fruits
2. Eat Acid fruits alone or with Lettuce and Celery. In little quantities they may combine with Avocadoes or Nuts and Non-Starchy vegetables.
3. Avocadoes and Olives are best eaten with non-starchy vegetables. I believe mashed, avocadoes combine great with boiled potatoes.
4. Melons, as a rule eat alone or leave alone.
Food Combining: Combinations to Avoid
When practicing proper food combining as rule for eating healthier, these are some combinations you especially want to avoid.
1. Starch and Acid (e.g. Tomato and Potato)
2. Protein and Protein (Avocadoes and nuts)
3. Sweets and Starch (Maple Syrup and Rice)
Food Combining: Comments on other Food items
1. Never, ever eat fresh fruits with cooked meals. Save for the avocado and even then with caution.
2. Lettuce and Celery combine with anything. Eat these raw.
3. Meat & Fish: Eat these substances in very, very little quantities, one at a time and with
No/low starch vegetables exclusively.
4. Bread: Well, here is a thought, Nature doesn’t produce bread! If you must eat this item, eat as little of it as possible, toasted and with vegetables and fat only. Also to be considered is this fact: you’re only being rendered as soggy as that bread and if you’re male, it has the tendency to throw your sexuality out of sync. Ever wonder why some guys have breasts? Well, bread is piled with a high amount of estrogen (a female hormone) so do yourself a favor and eat of it no longer. (I have read that rye, spelt and un-yeasted breads might be okay in moderation)
5. Grains: Eat as little as possible of grains and when consumed, combine them with vegetables only.
Food combining: Final Suggestions and Closing thoughts
1. Never eat until you’re hungry and guidelines to know when you are in true hunger are as follows:
-The stomach aspires.
-The mouth salivates even at the sight of plain lettuce.
-The mind is happy and clear
-It happens usually after noon when the body is its building stage.
2. Do not drink liquids of any kind with your meals. It only dilutes the digestive juices in your stomach leading to indigestion and constipation.
3. As a rule of thumb, don’t drink anything but water an hour or 2 prior to and/or after eating your meals.
4. One truth regarding the conditions of the human blood found out by medical doctors is that acidity is a sign of disease. This readily happens with the mixed eater when he fills his stomach daily with meat, starch, confectioneries and fruit all at the same time.
If you are not fully convinced, next time you sit down to your Sunday dinner; have your usual menu served for an imaginary guest. Empty his portion in a pot, using the same quantities that you eat and drink yourself. Stir thoroughly, and then bake this in an oven at 500 degrees Fahrenheit for no less than 30 minutes. Place a cover on the pot and leave it overnight. When you remove the cover the next day, a distinct surprise will await you.
That surprise is also in your digestive tract and has and will continue to be there everyday as a result of improper food combining.
In Nature such as exists in the animal kingdom, there are no mixtures at all. The ideal and most natural method of eating is the mono-diet. Truthfully, one kind of fresh organic fruit, when in season, should constitute a meal and you will find yourself better nourished. However going back to that simplicity is very difficult in our complicated world. This is why, as an alternative, you should apply the guidelines above when eating for health. So at all times, follow these food combining principles properly and your body will thank you for years to come that you did.
# # #
Foras Aje is an independent researcher and author of Fitness: Inside and out, a book on improving physical and mental health naturally. For more information on natural health,news and breakthroughs visit his site at http://www.bodyhealthsoul.com/